Jan 25, 2010
Where there's Smoke ...
1) People fighting fires like the thrill of fighting fires - and the thrill of helping people. Yes, it's a rush unlike any other.
2) Some people like to be in the know. And in time of disaster or fire, firemen are among the first to know what's going on.
3) Not everyone likes leadership roles. But a fireman relishes the challenge and is willing to lend a shoulder to carry the responsibility.
4) We go through a lot of training. Few people know that the NC Dept. of Insurance mandates the type of classes we attend - each year. Some are at night. Others on weekends. We learn about all kinds of things. Ladders. Hazmat. Fire behavior. Lots more.
5) We need people who are physically strong.